Handguns (Individuals may ship through UPS or use the services of a licensed FFL holder.)
- You may ship a complete handgun or semi-automatic pistol through UPS (United Parcel Service), Next Day Air-Saver. Only FFL (Federal Firearm License) holders and law enforcement may use the U.S. Post Office to ship a handgun or semi-automatic pistol.
- For revolver porting we ask that you remove the cylinder and grips making the firearm inoperable prior to shipping. If possible, ship the revolver in the factory case for added protection in transit.
- On semi auto pistols send the barrel slide and barrel bushing (if you have one). The complete gun is not required. Reflex sights must be removed. We do not turn them on, test, or assume responsibility for damage in transit.
Rifles / Shotguns
- Rifle barrel actions and shotgun barrels can also be sent directly by an individual for service. They can be shipped by U.S. Post Office or UPS ground service. (It is not necessary to ship long guns using UPS Next Day unless you wish to expedite transit time.)
- For shotgun porting services, the barrels only are needed. If your barrel has screw in chokes, please leave a set in. Our porting is placed behind the choke tubes and they are not removed during processing. Keep the receiver and forearm behind to reduce the opportunity of damage in transit. If your barrel has a rib, place the rib toward the inside of the shipping container and not against an outside edge.
- Rifle barreled actions only are needed for Mag-Na-Port or Mag-Na-Brake services. Stocks, scopes, and bolts should be kept behind. An Additional charge of $15 per rifle applies when we must remove the action from the stock and reassemble. Marlin lever action fee of $35 to remove the forearm and butt stock. We are not responsible for bolts received with rifles. When sending a complete rifle for service work not only does the additional charge apply, but the package will fall into the oversized category and additional shipping charges also apply.
- Please be sure to Package and wrap your firearm properly. Please include a letter of instruction indicating what services are to be done, return shipping address, and method of payment. Delivery for porting services average 2 weeks or less in the shop. Delivery on gunsmithing services will vary depending on the services requested and backlog in the shop. Due to the volume of firearms received we do not notify you upon arrival.
Home | Mag-na-port International | Mag-na-port: Handguns | Pro-port: Shotguns | Mag-na-brake: Rifle | Handgun Conversions | Services
Text & Pictures Copyright 1996-2019 © Mag-na-port International, Inc.